1. Authors should never pay for reviews.
2. This business is hard. There are dues to be paid. There are no shortcuts.
3. Storytelling trumps all else.
4. I’d rather make my readers happy than my editor.
5. Writing what you love is more important than writing what’s hot.
6. Publishers lie.
7. You can’t expect your writing to stay fresh if you stop reading.
8. Having a group of friends you can trust is everything.
9. Running out of chocolate (and for some, wine) is a recipe for disaster.
10. Your next book is your best marketing tool.